Voting day

Ever since the election was called 6 weeks ago, I've always maintained the view of both the Labor and Liberal parties being equally shit. I fail to see what both parties stand for, and just see a whole load of empty promises and pledges of monetary support for the swing voter.

I had every intention of donkeying today, with a big fat "YOU ALL SUCK" on the ballot. However, absentee votes actually have your name on the envelope, so that wasn't really a good idea. But upon voting, there was a party which saved me.. the "Daylight Saving Party".

I knew right away what this party was about, and checking on their website, their policies included:
  1. To reverse the decision to hold a referendum on Daylight Saving Time in Western Australia and instead have the government make a decision on its introduction during 2009.
  2. To deregulate Retail Trading hours in Western Australia.
Two key things that I actually stand for .... they got my vote....

I also had a walk around the old high school I used to attend. I did the same with the federal election, going around my old primary school. Here are some things I noticed after 8 years:
  1. The butter marks on the wall from Azza's Cinnamon Buns are no longer there.
  2. The basketball courts have been paved with some weird blue coating... way too bright.
  3. Some rooms have ramps, some don't. (For disabled students I'm guessing).
  4. All the buildings are still standing, and they are looking tired.
  5. The Home Economics rooms (my old form was HEC2) have the same stoves in them.
  6. The Common Room has a couch! And the lockers have since been painted.
  7. There's signage everywhere for the different rooms ... don't students remember where classes are?
  8. On the Social Studies block, there's a pergola thingy covering the stairs so people don't get wet when raining ... pfft .. students are SOFT!
  9. The computing rooms still have CRT monitors .. WTF? Where are the LCDS?

No comments: