White Rabbit Lollies

These lollies remind me of my childhood, when I used to get them when going shopping with Mum and Dad to the Chinese shop.

On my recent trip to Hong Kong and Singapore, I made a little conscious effort to keep an eye out for these lollies. Didn't have much luck in Hong Kong surprisingly, and even in Singapore they weren't widely available. I managed to get a couple of packs from a street vendor between Bedok MRT and bus station in Singapore for $2 SGD a packet (108g).

I opened one packet this morning at work and have had a few. Memories of my childhood have come flooding back. I just hope these White Rabbits are not contaminated with melamine as they were in 2008. I'm not too sure if they are still available here or not either.

Milkos are probably the closest western equivalent, but they are sweeter, not as chewy and don't have the rice paper coating...

No comments: