Guitar Hero Junkie

I came across this game at a Harvey Norman store.. picking up the plastic guitar and rocking out to one of the songs. Immediately, I was hooked!

Since that day, I've played all of the current GH titles, and even a non legit hacked version (the song selection was good (quite a bit of metal) but the guitar mappings weren't on time and a bit shit). I can play Expert and do relatively well, although I'm not good enough to get 5 stars on every song.

GH1 was fun but without hammer ons and pull offs, made hitting 5 stars a very hard task.
GH2 (played on PS2 and 360 :) ) is a lot more challenging in the later stages, with Hangar 18, Freebird and Institutionalized causing headaches for me.
GH Encore (the 80s version) didn't have a lot of good songs in my opinion. I have one song to finish (Play With Me) on Expert which at the moment is way too hard at the end and I fail.

With GH3 and Rock Band (with Drums!) coming up later this year, I definitely am gonna get my rhythm game fix. Especially looking forward to GH3 and DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames ... that one is gonna make my fingers bleed....

No comments: