My XBox 360 died but is alive again

A few weeks ago, my XBox 360 decided to call it a day and give me the red ring of death. Fortunately for the Internet, there are numerous postings on how to change the X-Clamps which are thought to be the cause of GPU related issues (error code 0102 and 0103 from memory).

After numerous trips to get different parts (3 trips in total) she was only running for a new minutes before locking up (but no more RRoD). A few more tweaks and it has been running fine since.

I ordered some better fans which have just arrived today, put my 360 back together and hopefully it'll be good from now on. It does sound like a vacuum cleaner when turned on, but aslong as it stays cool enough and withstands long Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Halo 3, GH3, Rock Band and GTA IV sessions, then I'll be a happy boy.

No comments: