Guitar Hero 3 ... hmmm

So I got the full version of GH3, and have played through about 36 or so of the 42 song career mode .. the demo was good but the actual game itself is a bit lacking...

I don't know if it's just high expectations, but this time round, things seem more "boring". Sure, the song lineup has more well known artists, but the songs themselves aren't as good in my opinion as the 2nd one, where there was more variety.

And on Expert, the way the tabs are layed out leave a little to be desired. With GH2, I could recognise how they transcribed real tabs to the 5 buttons on the GH guitar. Some button combinations actually resemble chords and some of the riffs and leads are scaled nicely on the 5 button layout. However, this time around, some of the chords are just weird, only to bump up difficulty, but do not resemble any chords that I've ever played on a real guitar.

I don't have the same drive to try and get 5 stars on all songs, simply cos the songs are more boring to play than their GH2 equivalents. Oh and the difficulty gets BS hard on Export towards the end, there doesn't seem to be any linearity in it ...

All in all, the whole experience for me has just been 'OK'... a bit different from the rave reviews I've been reading. I'm hoping Rock Band (made by Harmonix, who made the last 2 Guitar Heros but not GH3) will be better tabbed out....

No comments: