Whats the point of an online presence?

Something that's really hit me these past few weeks are the number of companies who have an online presence (a website or email address), but do nothing with it. A number of companies I've emailed asking for distributors in WA and gotten no response.

The icing on the cake was today, when I wanted to buy tickets for the Spicks and Specks live show. BOCS allow you to buy online... all I experienced were slow load times and when I actually got allocated tickets, put in my credit card details and went to pay, it timed out. Not once, not twice, but 4 or 5 times. It then said my reservation had been cancelled cos I took too long to pay.

So I tried again. More slow load times. I eventually got allocated shitter tickets, went to pay again and same thing. I wasn't the only one trying to get tickets. What the fuck is the point of having an online buying system if nobody can buy tickets? So you can only buy tickets when nobody else wants to .. which means shit seats? That is bullshit.

No comments: